Wednesday, October 24, 2012

The Jiggernaut Frame Building Jig





While cruising though Kickstarter - cool site where people donate to fund various projects - came across this project, already fully funded and I'd assume in production.

Affordable jig to try your hand at building a bike frame.  Fantastic idea and well executed.  And affordable - at least during their pledge drive - $299 for the jig.  $499 for jig and tube set to construct a road frame.

Dust off the old brazing skills from high school metal shop class, and you have yourself a fun winter project.  As per their official site, not sure if available yet.  I gotta find out - I want one.

1 comment:

  1. That looks awesome! I've forgotten how to weld, but I'm sure there's nothing you can't find how to do online these days. Keep posting updates on this if you decide to get one. I am starting a small bicycle restoration hobby from my garage and this seems right up my alley.

    -Regards,

    Johnny

    ReplyDelete